Donna Concannon Kosmas
BROKER OWNER- 2nd Generation Native New Smyrna Beach Realtor
Real Estate, It Runs in the Family - NSB Homes’ Historical Background of Co-Founders Donna Concannon and David Kosmas
Real Estate Brands traditionally focused on concepts such as “Top Producers” and being #1 in a particular market. But consumers don’t care much about those things anymore, they are looking for a Real Estate Professional that are Local and know the Market inside and out. Today’s consumers buy Lifestyle and Experiences. Meet NSB Homes, your 4th Generation Native Lifestyle Realtors, Donna Concannon and David Kosmas.
Donna’s connections goes back to the arrival of her father’s Irish family in the United States and her mother’s, the Treadwell family, from the forgotten town of Shiloh. Shiloh was located at what is now the back entrance to the cape, Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge, until the government purchased all the land and relocated the residents. The family owned the only gas station in Oak Hill.
David’s connections goes back to Canaveral National Seashore way before it was the National Park. David’s mother; Suzanne Kosmas, who would later become our Local State Representative, then Congressional Representative, started Prestige Properties in 1978. His father developed many of the Multi-Unit structures in the Time Share industry with locations in New Smyrna Beach as well as properties in Orlando, The Virgin Islands and New Orleans. David’s family relocated from Washington DC. The Kosmas family were one of the only families living in the Seashore, building homes and raising their family.
The Kosmas and Concannon Families epitomize professionalism, commitment, and integrity in every detail of Buyer’s and Seller’s real estate transaction. Donna and David grew up in New Smyrna Beach, David the “River Rat” Donna on the “Beach”. NSBHomes, LLC is a 3rd Generation Native New Smyrna Beach Brokerage Firm with 10 dedicated Buyer’s Agents who understands our unique market and 10 Independent Lifestyle Experts who list and sell property. With a full time Property Manager who specializes in Long Term rentals and a full time veteran of the Commercial sector; Pete Klironomos. Pete recently sold Friends Bank to Fairwinds Credit Union and retired from the Banking industry bringing with him a VAST scope of knowledge in the Commercial Division of NSB Homes.
When selecting a Real Estate Professional, Lifestyle Expert, Property Manager or Commercial Expert in New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach, Edgewater, Ponce Inlet, Ormond Beach or Port Orange, NSBHomes will guide you thru the entire buying or selling process with
Last year, Donna received the highly coveted and rarely awarded; HONARY REALTOR LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD from the New Smyrna Beach Board of REALTORS and David was 2015 recipient. NSBHomes ethics, professionalism and knowledge of the industry and area have attracted more associates leading them to purchase their new office building; an early 1900’s Historical home located at 319 Palmetto Street, NSB, FL 32169. Stop by and see their incredible office and say “Hello” or call 386-478-7154 if you are seeking to purchase a home or 386-235-8588 if you are interested in finding our the value of your home or 386-423-6859 for rentals. Call Pete Klironomos; our Commercial Specialist at 386-295-9299.
Donna's Accolades and Accomplishments
- Licensed RE agent in California at age 22
- Worked for Summit Properties for 5 years
- Worked for Solomon, Smith, McGuire
- Worked for Morrison Homes in Ca as a TOP SALES AGENT for 5 years
- Moved back to Florida 1991
- Took over Family Business in 1995
- Gave Birth to Sean Patrick who was 6 week early. Wrote 2 deals in the hospital while holding Sean’s birth off as I was bed ridden and bored to tears.
- Gave Birth to Bridget Riley who rocked and ruled our world ever since.
- Received REALTOR of the YEAR from the NSB Board of REALTORS while pregnant with Bridget in 1996
- Past NSB Board of Realtors President
- Have Served on the NSB Board of Realtors committees since 1991 and have not missed a year.
- Brought the NSB BOARD of REALTORS from using the “blue books” onto the computer era.
- This was a difficult transition, but it has improved real estate in NSB
- Brought the electronic lockboxes to the NSB BOARD of REALTORS
- Have serves has the NSB BOARD of REALTORS MLS chairs for YEARS and traveled for the committee to bring new and better platforms to our members on a regular bases
- Served on the American Cancer Society and co- chaired fund raisers in the late 90’s early 2000
- Served as a board member of the Volusia County Chamber of Commerce
- Successfully started the Volusia County Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament
- Have served the NSB BOR on many fundraisers such as food pick up and deliver at Thanksgiving and brought our children for years and years
- Learned to play golf 5 years ago and got my handicap down to a 18.2 even if for a short period of time
- Married my soul mate, best friend, partner, partner in crime and partner to keep me out of crime David Kosmas in 2003
- Built a successful RE Brokerage firm with 10 full time Lifestyle Experts ( AKA Buyer’s Agents ), 2 full time property manager, 5 Sales Associates, 1 full time Executive Director and Boss of Donna, 1 Social media whiz and legal councils