Area's Best Property Management Company
Your LOCAL 3rd Generation NATIVE Property Management Company
Do you have a home you would like to rent out?
We can help!! We are a FULL service Property Management Company
With all that NSB has to offer it is no wonder you want to spend your vacation here. Let us help you find the perfect vacation rental to fit your needs. Contact us today!
Are you interested in purchasing a home or condo in New Smyrna Beach? Search properties for sale here.
Do you already own a home in New Smyrna Beach or Edgewater that you would like to rent seasonally or long term? Contact us today for more information on Property Management.
David S. Kosmas: Owner
Marie Priest: Property Manager
Nathaniel Mitchell: Bookkeeper
Let Our Professionals Do The Work For You!
- Here at NSB HOMES, LLC we pride our self on our rental and property management department. If you have a property you would like to rent, whether it be long term or seasonally here at NSB Homes, LLC we can help!
- We are a FULL service Property Management Company since 1952.
- Why work with just any real estate agent when you can work with the best in the business, the one who can guarantee you results?
- We provide a wealth of knowledge and expertise to our home buyers and sellers that is unmatched by others.
- Maybe you live out of town, or out of state. Or maybe you just don’t want to deal with the day to day headache of renting a property. Let us help you.
- We will handle everything so you can relax.
- You need a company you can trust to handle your operational responsibilities. We have the experience you want in property management. We offer full service management of both commercial and residential properties. We have a dedicated team of professionals ready to help you maximize your profits without sacrificing on service. Here is just a small list of the services you can expect:
- Advertising - We advertise your property in local newspapers, Internet and other media at no cost to you.
- Marketing - Our marketing strategies will keep your occupancy and tenant retention rates high.
- Rate Analysis - We will analyze the market and find the rental rates that will make you the most money.
- Lease Administration - Whether its billing and collection or tenant screening, we will handle it for you.
- Building Maintenance - We will make sure your properties are clean and operating efficiently at all times.
- Vendor Negotiations - Let us find the reputable vendors you need to make sure your operation runs smoothly.
Give us a call today for more details and information. (386)423-6859
If you’ve owned income property for any length of time, you know that managing a rental can be financially rewarding. At the same time, you’ve also likely discovered that property management requires a large commitment of time and effort.
While it may make sense to take the do-it-yourself approach if you’re a handy person, live close to your property, and don’t mind devoting several hours per month to the task, in many cases this just isn’t practical especially if you hope to expand your business. With this in mind, here are some critical tasks a property manager can help you with:
Setting the right rental rates: While looking through the classifieds to see what other landlords are charging for similar properties is a fine way to ballpark your rent price, a good property management company will conduct a thorough market study in order to set a rental price for your property, ensuring that you achieve the perfect balance between maximizing monthly income and maintaining a low vacancy rate.
Collecting and depositing monthly rent payments on time: If you’ve ever worked in a billing department, you know that securing payment from clients can be difficult, not to mention awkward. Property management companies have efficient, tried-and-true systems in place to effectively collect rent and maintain on-time payments. You’ll find this particularly important if you have a limited number of properties, and collecting payments on time is crucial to maintaining your cash flow.
Marketing and advertising your property: Through long experience, a property manager will know exactly where to market your property and how to craft compelling advertising materials—a significant advantage when it comes to filling your properties quickly and avoiding long vacancies.
Finding the right tenants: Experienced property managers are experts at finding good tenants, and will take care of all the details, including the securing all criminal background and security checks, running credit reports, verifying employment, and collecting previous landlord references.
Managing tenants: In addition to finding good tenants, a property management company will manage all aspects of the tenant-landlord relationship. The property manager will handle both routine and emergency maintenance, take care of routine inspections, and manage any situations where conflict resolution is required.
Managing vendor relationships: Property management companies have relationships with maintenance workers, tradesmen, contractors, suppliers, and vendors that it’s almost impossible for an independent landlord to duplicate. Not only will your property manager get you the best work for the best price, they’ll oversee any necessary maintenance projects.
Ensuring that you’re in compliance with housing regulations and property laws: There is a multitude of applicable laws and regulations to abide by when renting and maintaining your rental property. These include local, state and federal regulations, as well as fair housing regulations (such as the ADA). A property manager can help you avoid lawsuits by keeping your property up-to-date and in compliance with these regulations.
Enabling you to invest in geographically distant properties: If you manage your own properties, you’re pretty much limited to investment opportunities within a tight radius of your own home. By hiring a property manager, you can take advantage of investment deals in any location you wish.
Maximizing the profitability of your time: By having a property manager take care of the day-to-day aspects of running your income property, your free to spend your time identifying further investment opportunities or otherwise furthering your career.
Maximizing the profitability of your money: Most property managers charge a percentage of your property’s monthly rental rate in exchange for their services. The rate typically runs anywhere from 15-20%, which is generally less than the money you save by hiring a professional to take care of your property.